Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

As I mentioned the other day, we are hosting our first Thanksgiving this year! Jeremy and I have always had assignments for Thanksgiving dinner (mashed potatoes, 1-2 pies, etc.) but we've never done it all and never had it at our house, so we're excited! Unfortunately, since this is our first time, I don't have a ton of Thanksgiving recipes to share, but I plan on taking lots of pictures this year so I have plenty to add next year.


I thought I would share what our menu looks like right now, with links to any recipes I do have on here:

Dinner:

Brined & Roasted Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Traditional Stuffing
Cornbread Dressing
Green Beans
Spinach Gratin
Green Salad of some sort (TBD)
Cranberry Orange Sauce

Dessert:

Pumpkin Pie
Blackberry Pie
Whipped Cream & Vanilla Ice Cream (of course)

We may tweak some things here and there, but this is the plan for now. If I had 2 ovens, I could do more, but I'm really stretching it here as it is. So far there are just 7 of us (with 2 more pending), so I didn't want to get too carried away. :) I'll be sure to let you know how it all turns out!

Other ideas that won't make it to our table this year, but that are still great:

No comments: