Saturday, May 25, 2013

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes {dairy-free}

Hello neglected blog!  I had a baby almost 3 months ago and we're moving in 3 days, so things have been busy.  But I'm still always cooking and trying new recipes.  I am completely off of dairy these days due to a very sensitive nursing baby, so I've been trying a lot of new dairy free recipes.  This is one of my favorites.  The first time I made these pancakes I was in shock at how many my kids ate.  They were all gone before I could blink twice and I wished I'd made a double batch.  These are so easy to whip together in the morning and could totally be made with regular milk if you're not a fan or don't have a need for non-dairy milk.  These have quickly become a staple in our home for breakfast and we love them!  Especially topped with peanut butter and maple syrup.  Mmmm....



Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes

Makes 1.5-2 dozen, but they're thin and go fast!

1 c. almond milk (or any other kind of milk, dairy or non-)
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 T. oil (vegetable or coconut)
1 ripe banana

Heat a griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil.  Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for 25-30 seconds.  Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.

Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto the heated griddle.  Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear, flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until cooked through.  Repeat with remaining batter.

Source: Sweet Treats and More

1 comment:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

ummm, those look yummy! We will have to try those when you are here. I am going to have to think hard about the menu... :) We can't wait to see you all!