Monday, February 22, 2010

Orange Zest French Toast

Yummy! I knew this bread would make excellent french toast. I got this recipe from a lady at my bridal shower almost 5 years ago and this is the first time I've tried it. Oops. I definitely should have tried it sooner. However, I also got this amazing syrup recipe from her which I make all the time, so I guess that kind of makes up for it. Anyway, I really liked this. Usually when I make french toast, I just use egg, milk and cinnamon, but this has some orange zest and vanilla that make it a fun change.


Orange Zest French Toast

Texas Bread (or other thick bread)
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
orange zest from 1/2 orange
1 tsp. sugar (I would leave this out if you're planning on having sugary syrup on top)

Mix all together. Dip bread in and cook as you normally would cook french toast (on a fry pan/griddle over medium-ish heat until browned.) And seriously, eat it with this syrup. You won't regret it.

No comments: