Friday, November 18, 2011

Cranberry Orange Sauce

I don't know how, but Thanksgiving is next week.  It really snuck up on me this year, and I completely forgot about some recipes I tried last year but never posted.  Well...here's one of them!  I made cranberry sauce from scratch last year and it was really tasty!  I was amazed at how easy it was.  It can be made a couple days in advance and it tastes great on a leftover turkey sandwich too.  Yum!


Cranberry Orange Sauce

1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
4 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 T. orange zest

Rinse cranberries with cold water.  In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water, and orange juice.  Stir until sugar dissolves.  Bring to a boil and add cranberries and orange zest.  Return to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.  Cook until cranberries start to burst, about 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.  Pour sauce into serving dish and chill in the refrigerator until serving time.

Source: Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments: