Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I've been wanting to put up this recipe forever, but I never could seem to get a very good picture. Well, I still didn't get a very good picture, but I'm putting it up anyway! I love this meal. Let me tell you why. Two reasons: it's delicious, and it's SO easy. Seriously. Dump stuff into your crockpot and 8 hours later enjoy a delicious dinner. I do this a lot on busy Sundays or days when I know I'll be out and about right up until dinner time. This would be great for students because you can stick it in the crockpot before you leave in the morning and then enjoy it when you get home at night! I hope you try it!


Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 chicken breasts
2 15oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
2 15oz cans black beans
1 14.5oz can tomato sauce
1 4oz can diced green chiles
1 cup salsa

grated cheddar cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips

Place chicken breasts in the crockpot. Pour in the cans and salsa, put the lid on, and cook on low for 8 hours (give or take - I've done it for 6 and for 9-10). Shortly before serving, take chicken out and shred it. Put back into the soup and mix around. Top with the cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Enjoy!

This can easily be cut in half. Either save half of your green chiles, throw them all in for a little extra heat, or leave them out. Use an 8oz can of tomato sauce instead of the 15oz. Easy-peasy.

Source: Amy Weaver (my sis)

No comments: