Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bean Salsa


Yum!!! That's all I can say about this dip. I love it so much. Every year for Christmas Eve, my family gets together with another family that my parents met back when they lived in Pittsburg, CA and the past few years, they have brought this dip. It is sooo tasty. I asked for the recipe and found out it comes from the daughter's sister-in-law (make sense?), so I'm crediting this to Suzy Varga Patey, whoever and wherever you are! :) Anyway, this makes a GREAT party food and it's super easy. You only have to chop a few things and everything else you just dump in from a can. But don't be fooled....it is DELICIOUS.


Bean Salsa
3 cans Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can yellow corn, drained
1 can white corn, drained
2 avocados, cut into small pieces/chunks
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 pkt. Italian dressing mix
opt: apple, cut into small pieces

Mix all ingredients together. Eat with chips. (see notes below)

Okay, so it says the apple is optional, but I say necessary. It is so tasty. It gives that little crunch and sweetness that makes this dip special. Also, I would use mild Rotel tomatoes. I used 2 original and 1 mild and it was pretty spicy. Or maybe use 1 original and 2 mild. I don't know. Whatever you want...

1 comment:

Joyful Noise said...

YUM - O!!!! That photo looks deliciouso!!!! Can't wait to try this!!!!

Love you!!!