Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taco Seasoning

It has been many moons since I bought packaged taco seasoning.  Since then, I usually just dump a little of this, a little of that, when a recipe calls for taco seasoning (or when I'm making taco salad or something), but I finally decided to just go ahead and make taco seasoning.  Hello!  What was I waiting for?  This takes at most 2 minutes to combine, and then when you need it it's there and it's so easy.  I just keep it in a jar or spice container and I only have to pull out one thing, instead of five.  I also have a tasty taco soup recipe coming up that uses this in it!  Stay tuned!


Taco Seasoning
Makes about 10 Tablespoons

1/4 c. chili powder
2 T. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
4 tsp. table salt
2 tsp. black pepper

Mix all ingredients together well.  Store in an airtight container.

Source: Adapted slightly from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments: