Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Red Potato Salad

I'm wishing I had taken a photo the day of, but didn't because we had company, so this is the next day - it was still utterly delicious as leftovers!  Just not as pretty...

I love potatoes - in any form.  I've always loved potato salad.  I grew up eating my mom's potato salad, which is delicious, but I've never been the type that only liked one type.  I'm a lover of all.  This potato salad is incredible.  It's loaded with everything good - celery, dill pickles, red onions, eggs, fresh dill, dijon mustard, and the list goes on.  I love that it's so easy because you use red potatoes that you don't have to peel.  I rarely make potato salad because it always seems so daunting, but this was a cinch to put together and it was SO GOOD.  We had some people over for dinner and everyone was in love and wanted the recipe.  Winner!



Red Potato Salad

3 lb. medium red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
8 dill pickle spears, coarsley chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 small red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 T. Dijon mustard
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. minced fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.  Drain and cool, then cut potatoes into chunks and transfer to a large bowl.  Stir in pickles, celery, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and dill.  Season potato salad to taste with salt and pepper, trying not to eat the entire bowl in the name of taste-testing. :)

Source: Smitten Kitchen, no tweaking needed!

No comments: