Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad

Yum! This salad is perfect for summer. Fresh corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes, avocados, lime juice, etc. Serve it as a side, with tortilla chips, or stay tuned to see what we ate it with this weekend. :) Enjoy!


Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
2 1/2 cups fresh corn, cooked and cut off the cob (about 5 ears)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups diced avocado
2 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion. Toss to mix. Serve room temperature as a salad or with tortilla chips.

Source: Amy Weaver

3 comments:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Oh I love this salad! Thanks forever to my friend Kari who introduced me to it. I was just thinking that you should post this- way to go! I can't wait to hear what you ate it with!!

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

great picture by the way!

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

I love that salad. Yum yum yum...I am going to go get those ingredients and make it. The picture makes me want to overeat! :)