Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I was out of town for awhile, but I'm finally back and I have a lot of recipes to put up! I'll start with these absolutely delicious snickerdoodles. I've never had a great snickerdoodle recipe, but I saw these posted on another blog the other day, so I decided to give them a try. They are slightly crisp on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside - just how a snickerdoodle should be. Yum! They are so easy to whip up too. I only used one bowl (well two with the cinnamon/sugar mixture), a whisk, and a spatula. Perfect! Good luck trying to not eat the whole batch. I've been struggling since I made these yesterday. Yikes!



Snickerdoodles

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, melted
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix 1 1/2 c. sugar, butter and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls. Mix 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, or until set. (Mine were just about 8 min.) Don't overbake! Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

Source: The Sisters Cafe

No comments: