Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oatmeal Muffins

I love these muffins! We love oats in our family and these are a great way to eat them. Every time I make these Jeremy just mmms and aahs and devours them. I try to find excuses to make them as often as I can. :) Tonight I paired them with this white chili and it was a great combination! They call for white flour but if you want to make them a little healthier you can use whole wheat, (although I prefer the flavor with white). These are super easy too, which is always a plus. Give them a try!



Oatmeal Muffins

1 egg
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. flour
1 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine everything in a large bowl and stir with a spoon, spatula, whisk, (whatever) until flour is moist. It will be slightly lumpy. Scoop into a greased muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes (my recipe says 20-25, but they always seem to be done early), until lightly browned. Makes 12 muffins.

Source: My mom

2 comments:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

I made these last week for breakfast and din't even realize until I was cleaning up that I had forgotten to put in the butter. (it was sitting on the counter, nice and melted!) The crazy thing is I didn't even notice. So, I am all for leaving out those calories!

Sarah said...

Crazy! Good to know though!