Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The BEST Breadsticks

We are IN LOVE with these breadsticks here at our house. I got this recipe from my sister Amy and it is so delicious. I mean seriously, how could it not be? You roll out the dough, dip it in butter, and top it with garlic, salt and Parmesan cheese. Hehe. Yeah, I try not to make them too often...but I can't help myself!


Amy's Breadsticks

1 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 c. warm water
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

1/4 - 1/2 cube butter, melted
garlic powder, salt, grated Parmesan cheese

Mix yeast, sugar and water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add salt and flour and knead until it forms a soft dough (you may need a little more or a little less flour).

Put in a bowl, cover with a towel and let rise for 45 minutes.

Melt butter. Take dough out and roll out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips (I use a pizza cutter). Pick up both ends and dip the loop into the butter and swish around so it coats the dough. Grab both ends with one hand and the bottom loop with the other and twist. Put in a 9x13 pan and continue with the rest of the dough.
Let rise 10 more minutes. Top with garlic powder, salt and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top.

1 comment:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Yum, yum! Now I am wanting to make those.
How is Eli?